Another satisfied citizen
It’s difficult to work out what this man is trying to get at.
The Shields Gazette (South Tyneside), 31 December 2009:
WITH the coming of the new year, I would like to suggest some headlines which I doubt we’ll see in your newspaper.
- Council tax will be reduced this year.
- Councillors admit they got it wrong.
- Council allowances to be cut.
- Council services to be expanded at no extra cost.
- Council puts borough first, party second.
- Pavements are for people not cars, says the council.
- Council determined to work for the borough.
- Council acts.
- Council gets it right.
- Council grits all roads.
Beats me. Why doesn’t he just come right out and say it?